Login

• Page:

TOPIC: State D tournament

State D tournament 10 years 10 months ago #131

• bags18
  • Fresh Boarder
Just wondering if the rumors are true, Teams that should be classified as D+ are still going to be allowed in the D tournament in Augusta? This would be teams like North American or Harbor or any of that caliber that should be playing in D+. This has been talked about for the last couple of years and I am wondering if somebody has finally stuck to there word and made this happen. It will be another disappointing year for Maine ASA if they go back on what they advertised on there website. Not to mention an end to alot of teams playing from eastern Maine in next years tournament.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

State D tournament 10 years 9 months ago #132

• bdunphe
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I have been told the same, all D+ and D classified teams will be playing in the same tournament. There is no D+ tournmanet registration option this year on the form.

File Attachment:

File Name: Registrati...2013.pdf
File Size:20 KB
The following user(s) said Thank You: #52

State D tournament 10 years 9 months ago #172

• Fresh Boarder
bags18 wrote:
Just wondering if the rumors are true, Teams that should be classified as D+ are still going to be allowed in the D tournament in Augusta? This would be teams like North American or Harbor or any of that caliber that should be playing in D+. This has been talked about for the last couple of years and I am wondering if somebody has finally stuck to there word and made this happen. It will be another disappointing year for Maine ASA if they go back on what they advertised on there website. Not to mention an end to alot of teams playing from eastern Maine in next years tournament.

Two things, if someone told you that there would be 2 divisions and now there is only 1, shame on them. As for teams like NA or Harbor playing in D's, what is the issue? They are D teams, why would having to play them make eastern Maine teams not want to play? Isn't the point of a state tourney to find out who the best team is that year? If they don't want to play teams in that division shouldn't they be playing at the E level?

IMO the D+ rating is a waste. Maine does not have any C teams when compared to the talent level at nationals. So that means the top teams in Maine should be rated D. Anyone who wants to play that level needs to play those teams. Anyone who doesn't want to play those teams should not be in D.

State D tournament 10 years 9 months ago #173

The calendar shows a D tournament this weekend in Augusta and a D+ tournament this weekend in Waterville. I don't know if D+ will actually happen. To my knowledge no Bangor area teams entered D+.;

State D tournament 10 years 9 months ago #175

• ihitbombsinE
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
i would bet there is only one tournament. why would a bangor team register D+.. there is no such thing and furthermore Bangor hasn't had a competitive team in quite some time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: #52

State D tournament 10 years 9 months ago #176

• Fresh Boarder
As far as I know, there is one big D tourney and it is in Augusta this weekend.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds